Monday, March 31, 2008

Today is my birthday...

...at least for the next 2 hours and 55 minutes anyway. And I have to say that this was one of those days where you wish you could just crawl back in bed and hide under the covers. It started out really bad. Really bad. I've had minimal sleep for the past two weeks and last night was no different. My attitude was just...horrible this morning and I think the kiddos picked up on it cause their attitude was horrible as well. I could not get a thing done and James and Jonah were on opposite nap schedules. One was sleeping while the other was up and vice-versa. Early in the afternoon after looking around and seeing ... a pile of dishes still in the sink, a dishwasher that needed to be unloaded, a load of dirty diapers that needed to be washed, a playroom that was a disaster and believe it or not...and I hate to say this... but I was still in my pajamas and hadn't even brushed my teeth yet... I decided I was letting all of that stuff stress me out. I was getting aggravated because I wasn't getting anything done. And I wasn't getting anything done because I was getting aggravated and that was being reflected back in my children. They were getting aggravated and whiney and acting up. So I just said...forget it. I'll do it later when the kids are asleep and right now I'll just relax and play and enjoy the day. And you know what? My day got better. It actually wasn't to bad after that. My mom even stopped by after work to help with bath time and bed time. Which was a blessing. Everyone got bathed and there was no acting up or whining or crying about going to bed. It was pretty stress free. Aaaahhhhh.
And so... gleen what you will from that run-on paragraph. I'm going to have some sunflower seeds, watch Law & Order and chill out cause the diapers are done washing and ready for the dryer, the dishwasher is cleaning my filthy dishes that sat all afternoon, LOL I've had my shower, have clean pj's on and it's not quite time to brush my teeth yet. Oh, the playroom is still a mess, but if I cleaned it up tonight, it would just be a mess by midmorning tomorrow anyway. So I'll shut the door and not worry about it.
Sleep tight.

ps...I finally made those brownies I mentioned in a previous post titled " A really lame post", they were sooooooo good and easy to make. There's not much left. Just thought I'd let you know.

No comments: