Thursday, March 6, 2008

A really lame post...

Well, Nile and Noah are at school...James and Jonah are napping...and Ken has gone to Home Depot....again. It's a good thing we own stock in the company. LOL
Anyway, what better time to write. Right?
So...things are pretty much on track here. Knock on wood. All the boys are healthy and we're just chugging along.
I don't have much of anything exciting to write about. Which for me...is exciting...cause that means there's no crisis. Whoo hoo!
I love my new kitchen. I was going to try a new recipe today...Cream Cheese Brownies. Yum! http://www.tammysrecipes.com/cream_cheese_brownies I'll let you know how they turn out. By the way, this is one of my favorite websites... http://www.tammysrecipes.com/ It has some really good, quick and simple recipes on it. I check it every time I get on the computer.
Here's another recipe I absolutely love...and so...I must pass it on:
Chewy Granola Bars
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup (1 stick ) melted butter
2 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cup fixin's...
such as trail mix, raisens, coconut, peanuts, chocolate chips, dried cranberries or other dried fruit. Mix first five ingredients-blend well-stir in dry ingredients-blend well. Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool and cut. Yum!
Ok...it just started raining again. This weather sucks. But it's good baking weather. Perfect for making Brownies...LOL
We're in the process of trying to get a wheelchair lift for our new van - HOWhee. I'm very appreciative of all of the medical benefits and equipment that we get through the military...but...it is a pain in the hiney to get anything done on a timely manner. It takes an act of Congress. Oh yeah! Speaking of Congress...Former President Bill Clinton was in Corpus last week and Ken met him and shook his hand. He was kinda excited...even though he's Republican. He said he'll probably never get to meet another president...former or not. So...there's some excitement for ya!
Just some of my favorite things:
Cloth diapers...we've started using them again. Whoo-hoo! I love it. Ken hasn't quite got the hang of it yet but...it really saves on diapers.
My Mai Tei Carrier...It's actually more like the "Frankenkozy"...I made my own... here's the pattern... http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/FrankenKozy.htm I love it! I put the babies in it and within 5 minutes...they're asleep. Literally...5 minutes. It's so easy. I have a pic of James in it, but it's on the other computer so I'll post it later. I highly recommend them. Mine goes with me wherever I go. See pic to the right -->
My new van - HOWhee.
My old suburban...I miss it
My new Honda...it's speeeeeeeddddyyy!
My new kitchen...let's get bakin'!
My new/old house...it's roomy.
My new/used computer.
Nile and Noah's playroom.
Exersaucers... my sanity savers.
Our new computer screen/tv...it can be used as either. Love it!
My new washer and dryer...and my new clothes line that Ken put up for me.
Homemade Pizza...check tammy's recipes website for dough recipe. Love it!
Mother's Day Out for Nile and Noah...and the fact that we've
registered them for next years K=4 program.
Gosh...I'd better stop here...the list could go on...and on...and on.
Namaste.

No comments: